Academic degree, title
Dr hab. inż.
Katedra Technologii Materiałów i Maszyn
Faculty of Technical Sciences
Academic achievement indicators
1. Number of publications according to the WoS/Scopus database
2. Number of citations (WoS/Scopus) without self-citations
3. Hirsch index (WoS/Scopus)
4. Number of citations (Google Scholar)
5. Hirsch index (Google Scholar)
6. Number of promoted doctors
7. Number of supervised doctoral students
8. I will take on the supervision of
a Polish doctoral student
The candidate should be a graduate of technical studies, preferably the following fields: mechanics and machine construction, materials engineering or physics
a foreign doctoral student
Scientific interests or research topics offered to candidates
Proposed research topic:
Correlation between the crystal structure and the spatial shape of the surface of oxide layers constituted on heat-resistant steels.
Scientific interests of the supervisor:
– X-ray diffraction (analytical and graphical determination of lattice parameters, phase analysis, determination of the size of mosaic blocks, residual stresses)
– computer modeling of the crystal structure,
– numerical analysis of the geometric structure of the surface (fractal methods, surface autocorrelation, degree of anisotropy)
– functional properties of the surface,
– atomic force microscopy,
– metallography and computer image analysis,
– computer modeling of the surface geometric structure.
Funds or special equipment required for the doctoral project
1. Is there funding available to cover the cost of research? YES
2. Is the infrastructure and adequate resources available in the Laboratory/Chair to serve the planned research tasks? YES
The Chair of Materials and Machines Technology has devices that allow to conduct research in the field of surface geometric structure measurements (SGP) and analytical software that allows the analysis of SGP and XRD test results.
Chair is equipped with:
– stylus profilometers,
– atomic force microscope (AFM / MFM),
– metallographic microscopes.
The device necessary to implement the topic of the proposed dissertation is an X-ray diffractometer, the purchase of which is planned in 2023. If the diffractometer is not purchased, the doctoral student will carry out measurements at an external research unit.